Saturday 17 October 2009

Jewellery looks great in a nice shiny case!!!


Well, it's been a very exciting week and an especially exciting day. My first ever exhibition opened today, with all the pieces looking very shiny in my very own glass case! I have to say displaying it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be; in the end it was all a matter of height in the case, making sure I built up layers and not putting everything flat. I also found using some props helped to create interest - I used a fan, shells, pebbles, glass stones and leaves to complement different pieces, which also really tied things together. Mind you it did take me the best part of 3 hours to put together - that's probably the perfectionist in me though!
Quite a few people came to the opening (probably after the posh biscuits) but I got some fantastic feedback and sold two pairs of earrings! Hopefully I'll be selling more in the coming months, it's on till January. If things keep going well I'm going to have to make stock ready to replace sold items otherwise my case is going to look very bare indeed!





Well, I will keep you all posted if I sell anything else.

Love, exhibitions and exciting sales!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on TWO sales on your first day! The case and display looked fab, and the props were lovely; the leaves were a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete