Sunday 4 October 2009

New to blogging!

Hello!

So this is all very new :) Can't say I've ever done one of these before but I'll try and make it as interesting as I possibly can!

So, here we are, Sunday 4th October, nearly 7 months since I opened up my Etsy shop after much encouragement from friend and fellow crafter Victoria aka Wiggle (please see her shop - www.wiggle.etsy.com). So why start a blog? Well honestly I just thought it would be a fun thing to do and my boyfriend has been busily cleaning cars all morning so I thought why not, lets start one.

Right well, first things first a little bit about me - I've been making jewellery for years and years, since I was very young - you should see my earliest creations, they're hysterical, but bless my Mum for still wearing some of them!!!! Luckily, with much practice and a few disasters I felt good enough to open my own shop - Rhubarb. I make lots of unique and elegant jewellery using wire, sterling silver, various beads in all different shapes, sizes and colours, buttons, gemstones and well just about anything I can get my hands on. I'd love to get into using textiles too but that's a whole new skill so watch this space!!!

I come from a very crafty/arty family, we all do something. My sister is soon to open her own shop (Flat Rabbit) with gorgeous children's wall hangings and clocks, if I can work out how I'll get her to do a little interview here on my blog so you can all see. My other sister is fantastic at handmade cards and knitting, my brother is a landscape architect and so is brilliant at photographs and drawing and my sister-in-law is another brilliant artist who can do pretty much anything she puts her mind to. So as you can imagine, I get much encouragement and most people get handmade presents for birthdays and Christmas!

So that's me in a nutshell! Right, I'm going to try and post this and if that works then I'll tell you about some of my newest developments!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world! Your life will never be the same! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on starting a blog! And thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete